Genomepatri™ Gynaec (earlier known as Gynaecmap) is a women's wellness predictive panel from Mapmygenome.
This revolutionary test gives the genetic predisposition to key functions of women's health - endocrine and reproductive systems, bone health, obesity and lipid levels, lifestyle traits, and cancer.
With this knowledge, you can work towards preventing or slowing the progress of conditions such as hypothyroidism, polycystic ovarian syndrome, endometriosis, type 2 diabetes, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, colorectal cancer, and anorexia nervosa.
This can happen in consultation with a genetic counselor, who can help you in charting out a health plan.
Doctors can use insights from Genomepatri™ Gynaec (earlier known as Gynaecmap) to understand
1. Risk to various conditions to ensure early detection
2. Predisposition to traits to prevent disease
3. Genetic traits relevant to reproductive health - obesity, hypothyroidism, PCOS, etc.
4. Role of genes in early menopause
5. Genetics of nutrition, fitness, and other lifestyle traits