On the auspicious occasion of Mahashivaratri, take an oath to train your body religiously, with the right conditioning exercises.
Besides sculpting your arms, legs and abs, you will also increase muscle strength, endurance and durability, all at once! The key is to engage in a good mind-muscle connection so that you learn as you burn!
It’s important to pay attention to how your body responds to every movement and repeat those that do not come easily to you, during the first attempt. If you seek long-lasting fitness, you need to practice moves that are tougher for you and continually improve performance.
On a yoga mat, perform this sequence thrice:
1. 30 second plank
2. 1 minute side plank (on both sides)
3. Glute-bridge (5 reps).
4. Relax for a couple of minutes in Balasana (child’s pose) or Bhujangasana (cobra pose). Breathe in and out normally.
Next, take up this sequence for 3 sets:
1. Stand in the front of your mat.
2. Bend down slowly and move into Adho Mukha Shvanasana (downward dog).
3. Lift the right leg forward and bring it into Virabhadrasana (warrior 1 pose), arms extended and level with your shoulders.
4. Move into Virabhadrasana 2 (warrior 2) and Viparita Virabhadrasana (reverse warrior).
5. At the end of the sequence, relax by sitting in Vajrasana or child’s pose.