A Quick Look Through:
One of the fastest women of all time, Florence Joyner, aka Flo-Jo once said, “A muscle is like a car. If you want it to run well early in the morning, you have to warm it up”. In a rather sedentary lifestyle of the modern-day, it has become a scene of a rarity to see the common man involved in any physical activity. In fact, it has become burdensome for today’s men and women to focus on their bodies before they call for early ageing. When does the common sore-throat palate of humankind start attracting culinary art in exercise and physical activity? When does one think of hitting the track, but not re-confining to the couches of comfort? Isn’t so very relevant a fact that we get to be cautious and see the ‘motivation factor’ inside us getting triggered at the exposure of some ailment inside within us?
The above said and done, we generally feel or rather I as a nutritionist personally feel there’s a dearth of understanding the subtle differences between nature and nurture of the human body. If nurturing one’s body will help in staying fit and strong, understanding the nature of it, or as we say, understanding the genetic make-up of it will help plan the perfect diet and customized training required for one’s body. Knowing our DNA, the biological entity that is a part of us, life ever since new life has been conceived will give a clear picture of the foods to be preferred, the time and duration of the exercises and the type of lifestyle to be adopted. Genes, in short, play a pivotal role in our overall health. Even though it is understood that adopting an active lifestyle and indulging in physical fitness on a regular basis have an important say in one’s health, it’s the genes that encode a larger picture.
A Sneak Peak Into Genomepatri:
Genomepatri – Your Road-map to Well-Being:
Our proprietary test, Genomepatri™ is a single genetic test can help us understand our genetic makeup and provide the correct diet and optimum physical exercise required for the body. Genomepatri heralds the new paradigm of health management, harnessing personal genomics and is a test which uses genomic information to identify the disease risk in a healthy individual and find the body’s response to many life-saving medications – efficacy, metabolism, adverse reactions. This test has the advantage of obtaining individualized information and thereby aids in managing the disease or the condition more effectively. In short, Genomepatri as a scientific tool is a once-in-a-lifetime, painless, simple saliva-based test that scans your DNA for variations which give you insights into how you’re built, right down to the molecular level. The ethnicity and demographics of an individual play a huge role in this interpreting the test results.
The results of Genomepatri will give an insight into the weaknesses of your immunity, genetic predisposition to specific health conditions, drug efficiency and helps in pre-empting most of these risks. Genetic counseling is therefore recommended to obtain authenticated reviewing and recommending testing/screening options, diet/lifestyle interventions and as educational and emotional support. The genetic test results and report from Genomepatri will give an overall idea about traits, diseases, inherited conditions and drugs; and helps lead a proactive lifestyle but not a reactive one.
To put it in simple terms, the presence or absence of genetic markers will define whether the individual is at baseline risk, medium risk or at high risk for a particular condition with respect to the normal population. These factors are multi-factorial, and when understood, can help in managing environmental factors dietary habits, food intake, and lifestyle and in improving the quality of overall health.
As technical and clear as our report may sound, there are some key points to remember:
- Solely based on the genetic code.
- Only genetic predisposition towards any particular health condition is reported.
- High or low risk does not mean one will have or contract the health condition.
- Our report is focused on assessing one’s health status on a genetic level and making perfect choices for one’s health.
The Mapmygenome Advantage:
- A pioneer in personal genomics in India.
- 19+ years of professional experience and proven scientific expertise in genomics.
- Data validated by Gold Standard Databases.
- Data confidentiality powered by a secure Bio-tracker Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Compliance to good practice (GxP) guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Extended and prolonged engagement with customers with updates.
- Possibility for extended genetic counseling towards managing varied health risks.
A Portrait of Your Genetic Profile:
The future of healthcare lies in preventive genetic testing and will be focused on adapting to a proactive lifestyle than a reactive lifestyle. With our non-invasive genetic test, you will get the following.
- Genetic predisposition: Helps you find any risk for many chronic and life-threatening diseases to ensure early detection.
- Traits: Helps you to know if you have any genetic traits that influence a medical outcome, health, and well-being in general/lifestyle.
- Drug Response: Helps you identify response to drugs, ideal drug dosage, and drug sensitivity.
- Inherited Conditions: Helps you know details about carrier status and conditions that are transferable onto future generations.
- Genetic Counseling: Scientific experts will help you analyze reports and correlate the findings with family health history, medical history, and lifestyle.
- Diet and Fitness Counseling: Helps you take expert dietary advice and other information gleaned from your DNA and medical history.
In a nutshell, Genomepatri holds the key to finding many a top route in changing the paradigm of health management and touches upon the dire importance of understanding one’s individual self before instituting any health routine. It helps in adopting a proactive lifestyle but not a reactive one.
Tapping into your genes will assist you to know the real ‘YOU’. Genomepatri helps you find the best-suited route for yourself, and reiterates the importance of not following the crowd but forging a unique way of leading quality life. It is personalized, predictive, participatory, preventive, and POWERFUL!!!
About the Author
Ravi Mandapaka is a Content Writer at Mapmygenome. He has rich experience in researching and writing, having published articles in research journals in domains across life-sciences and literature. He is a reviewer for many international journals, Assistant Editor — International Journal of Home Science, and Editor — Ashwamegh, Indian Journal of English Literature. An aficionado of Field Hockey and Football, he is a regular columnist at The Sports Column and Sportskeeda. He has a Master’s Degree in Food Science and Nutrition and decent experience in academia. He was part of the research team at ICMR National Institute of Nutrition. He is a member of the Nutrition Society of India (NSI) and Association of Food Scientists and Technologists (India) (AFSTI).