What is DNA OncoNex ?
DNAOncoNex is a comprehensive targeted Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) assay for 125 genes associated with head & neck cancers. NGS assay offers identification of numerous novel genetic aberrations and associated potential therapeutic targets in many cancers.
- Offers insights into the molecular underpinnings of the associated tumour mutation genes.
- With targeted therapies becoming the new standard of care in oncology, this NGS-driven diagnostics approach provides the choice of therapy to optimize patient outcomes in the future.
Why NGS for Head & Neck Cancer ?
6th most common malignant cancer worldwide accounting for about 600,000 new cases per year
The most common causes of head and neck cancers are tobacco and alcohol, which work synergistically, and are responsible for 70–75% of cases
Head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC) comprises a heterogeneous group of tumors that arise from the squamous epithelium of the oral cavity, oropharynx, larynx, and hypopharynx. More than 90% of tumours in the head and neck are squamous carcinomas.
- Complex chromosomal changes and gene copy number alterations are present across the spectrum of HNSCC and are evident in premalignant disease.
- Tumour Biomarkers can characterise the diversity of the cancer, and perhaps point to gene targets for use in targeted and personalised medicine.
- NGS enables massively parallel sequencing for a large number of genes with accurate reads while being relatively inexpensive.
Various conditions like Diabetes, Obesity, Myocardial Infarction can be mitigated by lifestyle interventions.
Alternatives to traditional medicine. Interventions could help open different treatment avenues, and understand drug response & efficacy.
Provides more insight to your healthcare providers, Cost effective and saves huge amounts on life insurance.
Moving ahead of your times, and understanding the growing demand of technology you need to be better equipped for the future.
Understanding your body specific nutritive requirements, metabolism and lifestyle patterns, personalising diet and exercise based regimes.
Major emphasis on ~125 cancer genes associated - Head & neck.
Screening for clinically significant genes based on National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) guidelines.
Genetic counselling to guide through the report and discuss the available management & treatment options in case of clinical findings.
High diagnostic yield with coverage of 500-600x on Illumina NGS platform.
Reporting - Pathogenic and Likely Pathogenic Variants are reported following the ACMG recommended guidelines..
Best in class Bioinformatics pipeline for the most accurate analysis by our experienced Bioinformatics team.
Test sample requirements
FFPE (Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded) Sample - Somatic cases
Blood Sample - Germline cases
How it Works?
Your Doctor places a request for the test. The sample is tested for the susceptibility.
The sample processed using NGS Technique
Your genetic sequence is subjected to extensive analysis and a report is generated based on the genetic findings
Our genetic counselor will discuss your results at a time and day convenient for you.