What is DNA OncoNex ?
DNAOncoNex is a comprehensive targeted Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) assay for 100 genes associated with Esophageal cancer. NGS assay offers identification of numerous novel genetic aberrations and associated potential therapeutic targets in many cancers.
- Offers insights into the molecular underpinnings of the associated tumour mutation genes.
- With targeted therapies becoming the new standard of care in oncology, this NGS-driven diagnostics approach provides the choice of therapy to optimize patient outcomes in the future.
Why NGS for ESOPHAGEAL CANCER?
Esophageal cancer is the 8th most common cancer worldwide, and the 6th most common cause of cancer related deaths.
More than 70% of esophageal cancers worldwide are squamous cell carcinoma
A majority of esophageal malignancies are either esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) or esophageal adenocarcinoma (EAC).
- Both esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and esophageal adenocarcinoma are aggressive cancers with poor patient response to conventional chemotherapy and radiation treatment.
- EGFR amplification and/or overexpression has been detected in a wide variety of ESCC samples, ranging from 7% to greater than 60%, and has been associated with adverse prognosis.
- Comprehensive genomic profiling shows significant promise in identifying clinically relevant genomic alterations in both ESCC and EAC and informs the potential use of targeted therapies in both major types of esophageal cancer.
Various conditions like Diabetes, Obesity, Myocardial Infarction can be mitigated by lifestyle interventions.
Alternatives to traditional medicine. Interventions could help open different treatment avenues, and understand drug response & efficacy.
Provides more insight to your healthcare providers, Cost effective and saves huge amounts on life insurance.
Moving ahead of your times, and understanding the growing demand of technology you need to be better equipped for the future.
Understanding your body specific nutritive requirements, metabolism and lifestyle patterns, personalising diet and exercise based regimes.
Major emphasis on ~100 cancer genes associated to Esophageal Cancer.
Screening for clinically significant genes based on National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) guidelines.
Genetic counselling to guide through the report and discuss the available management & treatment options in case of clinical findings.
High diagnostic yield with coverage of 500-600x on Illumina NGS platform.
Reporting - Pathogenic and Likely Pathogenic Variants are reported following the ACMG recommended guidelines..
Best in class Bioinformatics pipeline for the most accurate analysis by our experienced Bioinformatics team.
Test sample requirements
FFPE (Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded) Sample - Somatic cases
Blood Sample - Germline cases
How it Works?
Your Doctor places a request for the test. The sample is tested for the susceptibility.
The sample processed using NGS Technique
Your genetic sequence is subjected to extensive analysis and a report is generated based on the genetic findings
Our genetic counselor will discuss your results at a time and day convenient for you.