Because one drug does not suit all
- Adverse drug reactions contribute to 3.4% of hospital admissions in India.
- Indians carrying a common genetic variant are prone to drug induced bleeding with anticoagulant administration.
- Indians are at a greater risk for drug-induced cardiovascular events.
Number of drugs sold per month is 2.8 billion.
Top 10 - Adverse drug reactions are among top 10 causes of death globally.
35% Indians carry a gene variant which leads to the reduction in anti-platelet activity.
According to US CDC, one in two people in the world are on at least one prescription drug in any given month.
Pharmacogenomics is a branch of personalized medicine which analyzes an individual’s genetic response to drugs for therapeutic benefit. DNA sequence variations in the human genome alters biological factors such as protein function. Most of these proteins are key catalysts for the metabolism of drug compounds. This translates into inter-individual variability in drug response.
MedicaMapTM is a cutting-edge pharmacogenomic test, which analyses an individual's response to medicines, based on genetic makeup. From tolerance to risk of adverse reactions, MedicaMapTM uses highly validated genetic markers to analyse an individual’s drug-response profile based on their genetic makeup for 100+ drugs across specialties.
How do you benefit?
- Align treatment based on the genetic drug response profile
- Reduce the duration of treatment while increasing efficiency
- Save time and huge costs from trial and error method
- Reduce chances of adverse reactions
- Helps in drug dosage optimisation
- Once in a lifetime test
- Understanding response to medication