TERMS & CONDITIONS
The genetic risk profile is not diagnostic in nature and should not be used as one. "High risk" for certain conditions does not necessarily mean that the patient will get that condition either now or in the future. Environmental factors and lifestyle related factors heavily influence the outcome of many of these conditions.
Respecting your privacy is important to Mapmygenome. The purpose of this statement is to inform you of the kinds of information that we may gather when you use our web site, how we may use the information, and how we may disclose it to other parties. By using our products and services, you agree that this Privacy Statement is acceptable to you and that Mapmygenome is permitted to use your personal information as stated below.
Mapmygenome collects the following information:
- From visitors to our website, we collect their demographics, IP address and behavior on our website.
- Newsletter subscribers provide their name and email address.
- Registered customers provide details of name, email, mobile, and billing and shipping address. This information is securely stored in our CRM.
- Customers who purchase genetic tests or counseling service provide their health history through a questionnaire (available offline/online). Once the genetic test is done, their data is analyzed and reports are sent. All this information is stored in Biotracker, our secure Laboratory Information Management System.
We do not share this information to any third-party mailing lists. We may use this information to assist you in your use of our products, to assess the usefulness of product features, to request feedback about your satisfaction with our products, and to send you information about other products of ours.
HEALTH & GENETIC INFORMATION
Report generation: Your health and genetic information is confidential and we make sure all information is stored in Biotracker. The primary use of genetic information is to assess your genetic predisposition and report this to you (please note that your health history is not used in this report). Following your genetic counseling , we prepare an action plan to achieve your health goals - this report utilizes your health history and genetic information.
Before your blood/saliva/other sample enters our lab, we make sure it is assigned a unique ID and de-identified, so that your personal information is not accessible to all. Only authorised personnel from our team have access to this information. Throughout the processing, your sample is tracked by Biotracker.
Considering the importance of genetic and health information in research, we use this information without any personal identification for further analysis, with customer’s consent. During sample collection, we send out a consent form to all customers.
We do not share any information with unaffiliated parties, except where required to provide you or your organization the ability to use the product as desired or where required to do so by law. If your sample has come to us from a channel partner or a healthcare provider, they may have access to your reports and other information. Mapmygenome will not be held responsible for any violation of privacy in such cases. In the future, Mapmygenome may sell business units, product lines, or other assets. In such cases, customer information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, if Mapmygenome or substantially all of its assets were to be sold, customer information would be one of the transferred assets. In all such cases, Mapmygenome may disclose the customer information prior to the transaction to a prospective purchaser and its representatives in connection with the purchaser's due diligence investigation.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our website may have links to partner sites that are not under Mapmygenome's control. This Privacy Statement applies only to our site and products and not to the linked sites.
Cancellation of orders will be processed only if the cancellation request is submitted within 24 hours of purchase.
- Refund will be processed only if the request for refund is submitted within 24 hours of purchase.
- All the refund requests will be processed within 30 days of the receipt of refund request.
- In the event the sample collection kit is already shipped by Mapmygenome, INR 2500/- shall be deducted from the refund amount only if the Customer informs Mapmygenome within 30 days period from the time he/she has received the Kit.
- If the refund request is received before the sample collection kit is sent by Mapmygenome, INR 500/- shall be deducted from the refund amount.
FOR CUSTOMERS IN INDIA
- On ordering the test, we will deliver the kit to the address registered with us (pan-India).
- Buccal cell collection can be done from the privacy of your home.
- After collecting your sample, drop us a mail or give us a call, and our courier partner will pick it up from your doorstep, with some exception to remote locations.
FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS
- A shipping charge of $50 is levied for the delivery of your kit to the address registered with us.
- On collection of your sample, kindly ship the kit to our lab.
- We do not arrange for pick-up of kits outside India.