NAB Antibody test for SARS-COV2
Neutralizing Antibody test for SARS-COV2
Neutralization Antibody test detects circulating neutralizing antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 that block the interaction between the receptor binding domain (RBD) of the viral spike glycoprotein with the ACE2 cell surface receptor.
- Detects the antibodies that have a blocking/neutralization function.
- The test helps in current COVID-19 investigations of sero-prevalence, assessment of herd immunity, the longevity of protective immunity, the efficacy of different vaccine candidates as well as tracking infection.
- A positive result indicates how effective your immune system is against the virus.
- The test is based on ELISA.
- The test is conducted using a USFDA approved Kit with established SOPs & experienced staff.
- The extra cost will be levied on Home collection.
- For best corporate deals, please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org / 1800 102 4595 (toll-free)
Why is the test recommended?
- Most COVID-19 antibody test , evaluate the ability of a patient to generate antibodies bind virus, such as IgG, IgM, or total antibody, but they do not tell whether such antibodies can neutralize the virus and break virus life cycle, which is essential for a person's acquired immunity against the pathogen.
How is the test Helpful
To identify the functional ability of antibodies to prevent infection of virus, and to check if an individual has developed immunity towards a virus, after recovering from an infection or after a vaccine shot.
Why is it better than testing for IgG and IgM antibodies?
IgG-IgM antibody testing gives one an idea of whether or not they were infected with COVID-19 in the past, but provides no information of whether one is immune to reinfection.
With the onset of the vaccine being rolled-out in the country, and the uncertainty of how long it is effective for, neutralizing antibody testing on the other hand can give one an insight into whether or not they have developed an immunity towards SARS-CoV-2, particularly once the vaccine has been administered.
Sensitivity & Specificity - 93.80% sensitivity. Specificity 99.40%
Sample type - Serum/Plasma
TAT - 24 HRS