What is DNA OncoNex ?
DNAOncoNex is a comprehensive targeted Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) assay for 100 genes associated with lung cancers. NGS assay offers identification of numerous novel genetic aberrations and associated potential therapeutic targets in many cancers.
- Offers insights into the molecular underpinnings of the associated tumour mutation genes.
- With targeted therapies becoming the new standard of care in oncology, this NGS-driven diagnostics approach provides the choice of therapy to optimize patient outcomes in the future.
Why NGS for Lung Cancer ?
NSCLC accounts for more than 80% of all lung cancer cases and includes non-squamous cell carcinoma- large-cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma, and squamous cell carcinoma.
For diagnosis, lung cancers are classified into two main histological types - small cell lung cancer ( SCLC ) and non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), that are based on the appearance of the neoplastic cells under a microscope.
- Molecular biomarker testing of NSCLC is considered standard of care and part of the diagnostic algorithm to identify subsets of patients for molecular-targeted treatment.
- Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) - activating mutations, one of the most commonly mutated genes in NSCLC, are harboured by up to 15% of lung adenocarcinoma and less than 5% of squamous cell carcinomas (SCC).
- NGS enables massively parallel sequencing for a large number of genes with accurate reads while being relatively inexpensive.
Various conditions like Diabetes, Obesity, Myocardial Infarction can be mitigated by lifestyle interventions.
Alternatives to traditional medicine. Interventions could help open different treatment avenues, and understand drug response & efficacy.
Provides more insight to your healthcare providers, Cost effective and saves huge amounts on life insurance.
Moving ahead of your times, and understanding the growing demand of technology you need to be better equipped for the future.
Understanding your body specific nutritive requirements, metabolism and lifestyle patterns, personalising diet and exercise based regimes.
Major emphasis on ~100 cancer genes associated to Lung Cancer.
Screening for clinically significant genes based on National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) guidelines.
Genetic counselling to guide through the report and discuss the available management & treatment options in case of clinical findings.
High diagnostic yield with coverage of 500-600x on Illumina NGS platform.
Reporting - Pathogenic and Likely Pathogenic Variants are reported following the ACMG recommended guidelines..
Best in class Bioinformatics pipeline for the most accurate analysis by our experienced Bioinformatics team.
Test sample requirements
FFPE (Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded) Sample - Somatic cases
Blood Sample - Germline cases
How it Works?
Your Doctor places a request for the test. The sample is tested for the susceptibility.
The sample processed using NGS Technique
Your genetic sequence is subjected to extensive analysis and a report is generated based on the genetic findings
Our genetic counselor will discuss your results at a time and day convenient for you.