Cardiomap™ is a genetics-based cardiac health profile offered by Mapmygenome.
Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) have emerged as the leading cause of mortality in India. More than 80% of CVD deaths are related to stroke and Coronary Heart diseases. A high genetic risk (due to presence of gene variations that are known to act as a risk factor), environmental factors, and lifestyle habits are the major concerns for early onset of disease. Identifying the genetic risk can help put early screening and adopt a preventive strategy by making the possible lifestyle changes to mitigate the risk
Cardiomap is a revolutionary new development that can give you a genetics-based cardiac risk profile, for the common Cardiovascular diseases, traits that are known to have associations with the CVD’s.
- Life-time risk assessment for holistic health management
- Cardiomap will illuminate your risk score for predisposition to most common cardiovascular diseases (atrial fibrillation, coronary heart disease, heart attack, stroke, etc.), the risk regarding obesity and imbalances in lipid metabolism, and thereby, the probability of passing on the same to your children.
- Based on your results, we can advise you on how to create your own individual plan for cardiac disease prevention. You can then take steps to reduce your risk of heart disease and subsequent illnesses
- Change your lifestyle to suit what’s in your DNA and live a better life.
Benefits of Cardiomap
A personalized genomic test like Cardiomap is not just a genetic test; it is a complete package. We offer:
1) Pre-test genetic counselling: for customers who are having second thoughts about taking the tests.
2) Post-test genetic counselling: we offer and strongly recommend genetic counselling after you receive your report, to understand the clinical relevance and check for follow-ups with your physician (if necessary).
3) Our genetic counsellors correlate your health history and lifestyle with genetic findings and prepare a report that will help you improve heart health.
After you sign up for any personalized genomic test with Mapmygenome, you will receive free updates for a whole year, as and when we add new conditions, or in case we upgrade to a different database.