Mr. R Gopalakrishnan
Ex. Director on the TATA parent board,
- Chairman of the Board
- Mr. R Gopalakrishnan studied engineering at IIT Kharagpur and attended the Advanced Management program at Harvard Business School. He has been a professional manager from 1967. He has been a corporate leader for 48 years: 31 years in Unilever and 17 years in Tata. He served in Jeddah as Chairman of Unilever Arabia, in Bangalore as Managing Director of Brooke Bond Lipton and Vice Chairman of Hindustan Lever, and as Executive Director of Tata Sons. Apart from serving as a Director on the TATA parent board, Tata Sons, and he also served several group companies. Currently he serves as an independent director of listed companies, Akzo Nobel India, Castrol India, and Hemas Holdings PLC, Sri Lanka. He is actively engaged in both instructional and inspirational speaking. He has also authored five books.
Mr. Arjun Malhotra
Co-Founder, HCL Technologies
- Director on Board of Mapmygenome India
- Mr. Malhotra graduated from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, with B. Tech. (Hons.) in Electronics & Electrical Communication Engineering and received the Dr. B.C. Roy Gold Medal. He also attended the Advanced Management Program at Harvard Business School. He established the Prof. G.S. Sanyal School of Telecommunications at IIT Kharagpur through a personal endowment. He is also on the governing board of many institutes such as Myra School of Business and Entercoms and on the advisory board of organizations such as Ybrant Digital and NextGen eSolutions Private Limited.
Awards and honors:
- Albert Einstein Technology Medal (Jerusalem Fund of Aish HaTorah, 2001) Named Eminent Engineering Personality by The Institution of Engineers (India) Life Fellow of IIT Kharagpur (2003) Silicon Valley Entrepreneurs Award
- Co-founded the IT giant HCL Technologies and pioneered the group’s global expansion
- CEO and Chairman of Board of Directors of Headstrong
- Founder, CEO and Chairman of TechSpan which merged with Headstrong in October 2003
- Member of the Board of Governors - IIT (Kharagpur) Foundation; the Indian School of Business, Hyderabad; Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Shillong; IIM, Udaipur; Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Gwalior; and the Indian Public Schools Society, Myra School of Business and Entercoms.
- He established the Prof. G.S. Sanyal School of Telecommunications at IIT Kharagpur through a personal endowment. Advisory board member at Ybrant Digital & NextGen eSolutions Private Limited
Dr. Anula Jayasuriya MD, PhD
Co-founder and Managing Director, Evolvence India Life Science Fund (EILSF)
- Director on Board of Mapmygenome India
- Dr. Jayasuriya has done her BA from Harvard summa cum laude, MD and PhD (in Microbiology and Molecular Genetics) from Harvard Medical School. She interned in Pediatrics at Boston Children’s Hospital. She also has an MBA with distinction from Harvard Business School and M. Phil. in pharmacology from the University of Cambridge, England.
- Co-founder and Managing Director of the Evolvence India Life Science Fund (EILSF); Board Member at Health Care Global (Bangalore) and Lipomics Technologies (Sacramento, CA); Non-profit board director for Astia, LPFI, Harvard Business School Health Industry Alum, and Gruter Institute for Law and Behavioural Research. Earlier, was VP-Corporate Development at Genomics Collaborative Inc. and Vice President for Global Drug Development at Hoffman-La Roche. Dr. Jayasuriya also served as a partner with Skyline Ventures in Palo Alto and with TVM, a German-US venture capital firm in San Francisco.
Ms. Anu Acharya
Founder & CEO, Mapmygenome
- CEO of Mapmygenome India, a genomics company whose vision is “Better health using technology”.
- She is a Co-Founder of Ocimum Biosolutions, which she led as the CEO (2000-March 2013). She is an alumnus of IIT Kharagpur and University of Illinois where she has two Post Graduate degrees in Physics and MIS.
Awards & Honors:
- Member of Young Leaders Forum (British High Commission, 2013)
- Young Global Leader (World Economic Forum (WEF) 2011)
- Entrepreneur of the Year (Biospectrum, 2008)
- Astia Life Science Innovators Award (2008)
- 25 Tech Titans under 35 (Red Herring, 2006).
- Global Agenda Council on Genetics for WEF (Vice Chair).
- NIBMG (Governing Board Member).
- ABLE (Board Member), Action for India (Advisory Board Member).
- IvyCap Ventures (Board of Mentors).
- KIIT (Advisory Board Member).
- Past Board positions include Hyderabad chapter of the Entrepreneurs.
- Organization (Past President) and CSIR (Governing Board Member)